Distribution of economic value added to our stakeholder groups
For us, it is important to grow and develop our company’s business responsibly over the long term. We want to create value added for our stakeholders in a manner that benefits all parties. This requires considerable investments in the development of our personnel’s competence and in customer relations management so that we are able to offer our customers the best services in the market.
Economic value added generated 2013
EUR 2,235.9 million (EUR 2,359.9 million)
- We offer our customers high-quality, reliable and sustainable solutions.
- Our solutions create conditions that make living, working and travelling functional, safe and healthy.
- Continuous operational development leads to the introduction of new, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
- For example:
- The upkeep and maintenance of technical building systems help our customers to optimise their properties’ energy consumption – even without investments in new equipment.
- Low-temperature and reclaimed asphalts reduce the environmental footprint of infrastructure projects, as their manufacture consumes less energy or virgin materials.
Distribution of economic value added 2013
Suppliers and partners
EUR 1,882.4 million (EUR 1,793.4 million)
- We purchase construction-related raw materials, products and services from our partners.
- We are a significant local service buyer. Our purchases create jobs and open up new business opportunities for our partners.
- We seek long-term cooperation agreements that give our suppliers and partners the opportunity to develop their business over the long term.
- We are continuously developing new cooperation models that enable the sharing of expertise.
EUR 449.0 million (EUR 465.4 million)
- We employ about 7,800 persons in 8 countries.
- We make social security and employer contributions.
- We continuously develop our personnel’s competence and offer interesting career paths.
- We are a significant employer in many region.
- We invest in our personnel’s occupational safety and well-being, which lengthens careers.
- We provide our personnel with retraining opportunities.
EUR 71.3 million (EUR 64.5 million)
- We invest in operational development in all of our operating countries.
- We create new business opportunities to improve our competitiveness. At the same time we safeguard jobs through investments.
- Our investments in new, environmentally friendly production methods help to reduce our environmental footprint.
EUR 4.2 million (EUR 5.7 million)
- We pay income taxes.
- We support social well-being by paying taxes and making other mandatory payments. In addition, our personnel pay income taxes from their salaries.
- We are a significant employer in many countries locally and our purchases from partners also support employment.
- We support the development of local communities through, for example, sponsorship and cooperation with educational institutions.
Shareholders and financiers
EUR 55.2 million (EUR 48.5 million)
- For 2013, a dividend of EUR 0.00 per share* (EUR 0.60 per share) is proposed.
- We pay interest to financiers.
- We seek to increase shareholder value by offering a steady flow of dividends to our shareholders.
* The Board of Directors’ proposal