Distribution of economic value added to our stakeholder groups
For us, it is important to grow and develop our company’s business sustainably over the long term. We want to create added value for our stakeholders in a manner that benefits all parties. This requires investments in the development of our customer relations, services and competence so that we are able to offer our customers the best services in the market.
Economic value added generated 2014
EUR 2,164.3 million (EUR 2,235.9 million)
- We offer our customers high-quality, reliable and sustainable solutions.
- Our solutions create conditions that make living, working and travelling functional, safe and healthy.
- We develop our operations and introduce new, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
- For example:
- Low-temperature and reclaimed asphalts reduce the environmental footprint of infrastructure projects, as their manufacture consumes less energy or virgin materials.
Distribution of economic value added 2014
Suppliers and partners
EUR 1,699.3 million (EUR 1,882.4 million)
- We purchase construction-related raw materials, products and services from our partners.
- We are a significant local service buyer. Our purchases create local jobs and open up new business opportunities for our partners.
- We seek long-term cooperation agreements that give our suppliers and partners the opportunity to develop their business over the long term.
- We are continuously developing new cooperation models that enable the sharing of expertise.
EUR 376.1 million (EUR 449.0 million)
- We employ on average 5,600 people in eight countries.
- We make social security and employer contributions.
- We develop our personnel’s competence and offer various career opportunities.
- We are a significant local employer.
- We invest in our personnel’s occupational safety and well-being by, for example, using the early support model. This lengthens careers.
- We provide our personnel with retraining opportunities.
EUR 30.0 million (EUR 71.3 million)
- We invest in operational development in all of our operating countries.
- We create new business opportunities to improve our competitiveness. At the same time, we safeguard jobs.
- We invest in new, environmentally friendly production methods and equipment, which helps to reduce our environmental footprint.
EUR 2.0 million (EUR 4.2 million)
- We pay income taxes.
- We also pay other public levies, such as property, waste and energy taxes.
- We support social well-being by paying taxes and making other mandatory payments. In addition, our personnel pays income taxes from their salaries.
- We comply with the local tax legislation in all of our operating countries and we do not operate in tax havens for taxation reasons.
- In our operations, we apply the principles of the OECD’s transfer pricing guidelines and local legislation.
- We are a significant local employer in many countries and our purchases from partners also support employment.
Shareholders and financiers
EUR 35.3 million (EUR 42.1 million)
- The Boad of Directors proposes that no dividend will be paid for 2014 (EUR 0.00 per share). The figure for 2013 includes paid dividends for the year 2012.
- We pay interest to financiers.
- We seek to increase shareholder value by creating conditions for the future flow of dividends through measures that aim at strengthening our balance sheet. In 2013, our result was clearly negative; in the financing negotiations in the spring 2014, we agreed not to pay dividends without the consent of certain lenders.
- We secure our position as a reliable debtor by meeting payment obligations as agreed.
The figures include discontinued operations.